Friday 7 November 2014

Monitor Atlantis ILIO with PRTG using SNMP....

Hi People, I recently implemented Atlantis ILIO for Waterstones VDI environment. I needed to find a decent way to monitor this as ILIO centre is not great. I looked how I could incorporate this into our in house monitoring solution PRTG.




If you have not used PRTG for its price point it is unrivalled.

1. Frist we need to enable SNMP on each of your ILIO appliances. I did this by copying the install file across from my laptop using WinSCP.

Find the download at the bottom of the blog for atlantis-snmp_1.5.deb

Drag atlantis-snmp_1.5.deb across on to the right hand pane which is your ILIO appliance.



2. Now SSH to you ILIO appliance using your preferred terminal emulator. I'm going to use Putty.exe. once you have logged in run the following command.

cd /root (if you copied it to the root of you appliance as I did).
dpkg -i atlantis-snmp_1.5.deb

 My output is slightly different to what you will see as I already had it installed but you get the idea...


3. Next we need to inport the MIB file from Atlantis into PRTG. first download Paessler MIB Importer from the Paessler website.


Once downloaded install this on to your PRTG Server.


Click Run...


Click Next..


Accept the licence agreement and Click Next..


Click Next..


Click Next..


Click Finish...

4. Now we have the MIB Importer Installed, we need to import the Atlantis MIB's. Open the MIB Importer.


Click Import MIB File..


Select the MIB file obtained from Atlantis. Click Open.


Click Close.


As you can see the MIB is now successfully imported.


Click File, Save and save in the following directory. If you used the default path for your PRTG installation.

C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\snmplibs

5. Now you need to log in and navigate to the device you have added for your Atlantis ILIO


Click on Add Sensor...


Find the SNMP Library Sensor and then click Add This..


Select the Atlantis.oidlib we created earlier and Click OK...



Select the Sensors you wish to add. Some of them you may not want. Just have a read and decide which will be useful for your environment. For the sake of this blog I will select all of them.


Here they are all added to the device and collecting data. Below are some of the graphs produced to give you some idea of what you can expect to see...


This is the disk usage of one of our datastores for out non-persistent desktops over two days.


This is CPU usage from the Live Data tab of one of the ILIO appliances.

Hope this helps as it gave us much better visibility of the heath of our VDI environment and enabled us to set up alert to warn us of any issues.

You can download the files needed from here....










5 comments:

  1. Nice information provided by you, it really helped me to understand this topic. I have also referred this article to my friends and they also enjoyed this informative post.<a href="https://vstpromax.com/prtg-network-monitor-crack-torrent-new/ vstpromax.com</a>

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRTG Network Monitor Crack I am very impressed with your post because this post is very beneficial for me and provide a new knowledge to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this was a pretty interesting read when it comes to this topic. Thank you
    prtg-network-monitor-crack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Download Software for PC & Mac
    You make it look very easy with your presentation, but I think this is important to Be something that I think I would never understand
    It seems very complex and extremely broad to me. I look forward to your next post,
    PassFab iPhone Unlocker Crack
    SpyNote Crack
    DslrBooth Crack
    WindowFX Crack
    Wondershare Filmora Crack
    Dr.Web Security Space Crack
    PRTG Network Monitor Crack
    Mullvad VPN Crack

    ReplyDelete